Family Letter Summer 2017
WELCOME ORIENTATION WEEKEND
Saturday, August 5th from 4p.m. – 6p.m. in the church basement
Sunday, August 6th from 9a.m. – Noon in the church basement
(Each family MUST attend one of the above days.)
- August & September LUNCH menu order forms & MILK order forms are available on the school website under LATEST INFORMATION—-DUE AUGUST 11th (These two programs are optional)
- Your child’s SUPPLY LIST is available the school website
- Please make sure that you have set up your payment plan with FACTS Tuition
- Book/ Material & Technology (Pre 4-8th graders for technology fee) bill has been combined with your August/Sept tuition payments with FACTS
- Copies of Birth Certificates are needed for ALL NEW STUDENTS before school begins
- Pay PTO Dues of $40 per family (Parent Teacher Organization)
- Fill out Emergency Contact form for your child(ren)
- Student-Parent Handbook will ONLY be available on the school website this year—PLEASE READ CAREFULLY—changes/additions have been made to the handbook—you will be responsible to sign off on a paper stating you have read the handbook and agree to follow the rules.
- Register & pay for Extended Day Program if needed ($35 registration fee for one child–$10 extra per sibling—$3.50 per hour when using the service)
- Pick up School Uniform information from Schoolbelles or SLM Promotions, INC – email@example.com or (708) 456-4761 for gym uniforms.
- Update or fill out forms for our Emergency Communication System-School Messenger
- Physical Medical Form-All new students, Kindergarteners, & 6th graders
- Dental Form-All new students, Kindergarteners, 2nd graders & 6th graders
- Eye Exam-All students entering school for the first time & all Kindergarteners
*Medical Forms: All needed Medical, Dental, & Eye Exam forms MUST be completed and presented to Sacred Heart School BEFORE the first day of school—your child will NOT be able to attend classes on the first day of school if forms are missing or incomplete.—MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENTS TODAY if you haven’t already for doctors.
MEET & GREET your child’s teacher and DROP OFF SUPPLIES DAY on THURSDAY, AUGUST 17th from 4-6p.m. in your child’s classroom.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
*Monday, August 21st is the first day of school—7:50a.m. until 11:15am…please make sure your child comes in regular school uniform
*Tuesday, August 22nd will be a full day of school-wear gym uniforms- 7:50a.m. until 2:45p.m.-please remember to pack a lunch/drink for your child(ren) if you did not order a hot lunch or milk. The OPTIONAL lunch program & milk program begins Tuesday, August 22nd.
*Extended Day services begin on Tuesday, August 22nd
We have had a change in our faculty over this summer. Mr. Bossenga retired from Sacred Heart School and we wish him the best. Mrs. Mary Raithel will be our new homeroom teacher in 7th grade. Mrs. Raithel is a graduate of Dominican University in River Forest with endorsements in Social Science and History. We welcome our newest member to the Sacred Heart Staff. Enjoy the rest of your vacation! The school office is open from 9 a.m. until noon Monday- Thursday if you have any questions.
Blessings to you,
Principal – Barbara Ciconte